Wantagh High School
Library Information Center
With a collection of over 16,000 print and electronic resources, Wantagh High School Library offers students an environment in which to further their academic pursuits, develop superior research skills, and become information-literate readers, for both professional success and personal enrichment.
1. The library research teacher collaborates with subject area teachers to teach information literacy and research skills within the context of research assignments and within the library curriculum. Students frequently visit the library as part of a class to make use of library resources.
2. In addition, students are welcome to use the library individually during lunch and study hall periods, as well as before and after school. Students are asked to bring a pass from the teacher assigned to the cafeteria or study hall and are required to remain in the library for the duration of the period.
3. All materials must be checked out of the library at the circulation desk. The normal circulation period is three weeks. Reference books and audiovisual materials are loaned out overnight. Circulation may be restricted on materials being used by more than one class at the same time.
4. Computer Use
- All students must abide by the Wantagh Public Schools' Acceptable Use Policy.
Library computers are designated for educational purposes only. No games, online shopping or social-networking sites may be accessed from the library computers or from student laptop computers used within the library.
5. No fines are assessed on overdue materials. We trust our patrons to return resources in a timely fashion, so that they may be of benefit to our entire educational community. Patrons with overdue materials will receive reminder notices in homeroom.
6. Eating, drinking (except bottled water) and chewing gum are not permitted in the library. Students are responsible for treating the library, its resources and other patrons with respect. At the end of each period, students should pick up scrap paper, push in their chairs, and return library materials to the circulation desk.
7. The library welcomes suggestions from students and staff regarding collection development. If there is a print or audiovisual resource you would like us to purchase, please speak to any member of the library staff.