EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESThank you for your interest in the Wantagh Public Schools. Please click the link above to view and apply for our current instructional and administrative vacancies.
All applicants must apply online at OLAS to be considered.
Anticipated Vacancies 2019-2020
Elementary Assistant Principal
The Wantagh School district is seeking a talented, dedicated, and student centered educator to serve as an Elementary Assistant Principal at the Wantagh Elementary School.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- the ability to work collaboratively with others to help strengthen our instructional program.
- knowledge of restorative practices related to student discipline and support.
- effective communication skills.
- quality experience as a classroom teacher with a track record of success.
- the ability to be creative, innovative, and be able to empower and inspire others to action.
- a desire to be part of a caring, supportive, and nurturing school community.
- an understanding of special education and ENL is a plus.
- Appropriate NYS SDA/SAS certification required
Please apply on OLAS before May 3, 2019.
Full-time Probationary Position
The Wantagh School District is looking for a caring School Psychologist who:
- is dedicated to supporting the social-emotional health of students
- will provide counseling and building-wide behavior support systems (PBIS)
- can facilitate Instructional Support Team Meetings
- holds an understanding of the Response to Intervention Process
- will Chair 504/CSE meetings
- will conduct psychological testing for annual review, triennials, and initial referrals
- must hold NYS School Psychologist certification.
- Position will be in multiple grade levels and buildings.
Please apply on OLAS by 4/25/19.
Per Diem Substitutes
The Wantagh School District holds our substitutes in high accord. We are currently accepting applications for per diem TEACHER substitutes in the 2018-19 school year.
- Must have NYS TEACHER certification to be considered
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards.
- Interviews will be on-going.
- Please be sure to include 3 reference emails on your OLAS application.
days 1-20 $90/day
days 21-40 $100/day
days 41+ $110/day
Part-time Teaching Positions
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wantagh Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origins, age, disabilities,or sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment.