There are several positions available for the SEPTA Board. Please see below for a description of SEPTA Board member duties as well as the nominating committee's letter. If you are interested in nominating yourself and/or someone for the vacancies on the SEPTA board, please read the letter below for more information. Thank you for your support!
Other Volunteer Positions:
Wantagh SEPTA would like to have at least one SEPTA Representative in each of the Wantagh Schools. A SEPTA Rep shall:
- Be/become a SEPTA Member
- Attend a minimum of (4) SEPTA general meetings per school year
- Report SEPTA news at local PTA meetings (A SEPTA EB member will provide monthly highlights)
- Help promote SEPTA and SEPTA events
- Report to SEPTA any issues/concerns within their school community regarding Special Education
- Be knowledgeable about what SEPTA offers, the SEPTA web site, and resources for parents (upcoming speakers, programming, etc.)
Ask your school's PTA about becoming a SEPTA Rep or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information. A SEPTA rep is not a member of the executive board and does not have to go through the nomination process. Please contact us directly or your home school's PTA if you are interested in volunteering.