To access important information, join:
~ Google Classroom using the code fhwc5rn
~ Remind by clicking on the following link: Remind Sign Up
- Come to class on time and prepared every day. Supplies include: Binder OR Notebook and Folder, Calculator, Chemistry Reference Tables, Pens & Pencils.
- Pay attention during each lesson and be prepared to participate in the class discussion. Be respectful of classmates.
- Follow all teacher instructions and safety rules in the laboratory.
- It is your responsibility to find out what you missed if you are absent. You will be held accountable for this work, so you must make up all assignments, tests, and quizzes as soon as you return to class.
- Headphones, cell phones, or any other items that may be a distraction must be put away.
- Tests: Tests will be given at the end of every 1-3 chapters. Tests will be out of 100 points.
- Quizzes: Several quizzes will be given per chapter, varying in point value. If homework is assigned, it should be completed by the due date, as quizzes are based on these topics.
- Labs: Lab reports must be completed for each laboratory activity and kept in a separate binder. All labs need to be completed for credit. One lab each quarter will be graded and count as a test grade (100 points).
** Averages are calculated by dividing the total points earned by the total possible points **
Two days a week after school according to the exam schedule. Each week the extra help days will be posted in the front of the classroom. You must notify me during the day if you plan to attend.
If registered with Syracuse University, you will receive college credit for Syracuse University's General Chemistry I (CHE 106 & CHE 107) and General Chemistry II (CHE 116 & CHE 117). If you choose to register for college credit you will receive a total of eight credits from Syracuse University: four for each semester (a lecture grade and a separate lab grade). Directions for registering will be given in class. You will register online at home and return the signed registration form by a date to be determined.