Degrees and Certifications:
A&P Class Policy
Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Safety First: Sharp instruments will be used during this course. Any improper use of these materials will result in dismissal.
- Dissections a number of dissections will take place including the dissection of a fetal pig at the end of the course. If you have any concerns regarding these dissections please speak to me personally.
- Mutual respect Every individual, including personal belongings, will be respected in this classroom.
- Come prepared The work-load in this class may be overwhelming at times. Come prepared to work!!
- Cheating in this classroom will not be tolerated. Disciplinary action will be taken.
- No food or drink in the classroom
- Unexcused absences will be referred to the dean’s office. If you are legally absent YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE to get the missed work. You will be given double time to make up any missed work. If the work is not handed in within this time a zero will be recorded.
- *****If you are absent the day of a test only, you will be given a make up test on the day you return.
- Colored pencils are required for this course, preferably a box with more than 12 colors would be helpful. Coloring anatomical diagrams is an important learning tool in anatomy. Color coding is more helpful than you might think.
- Tests will be given at the end of each system and will consist of multiple choice, fill-ins, short answers and “At the clinic” questions.
- Quizzes will be given approximately once per week. They may pertain to diagrams or vocabulary.
- Research papers/projects The paper and/or project may consist of researching a particular disease and/or disorder pertaining to a particular system. Further details will be discussed later.
- A midterm will be given in class.
- A Group final project will consist of the cat dissection.
- A two-part final exam will be given
- Anatomy and Physiology is a challenging course. You will need to study. Remember YOUR grades are a result of YOUR effort
Wantagh High School now has a "no visibility" cell phone policy. Consequences for inappropriate cell phone use are as follows: 1st offense: warning, 2nd offense: phone is confiscated for the period and a parent will be called, 3rd offense: phone will be confiscated for the day and the student will be sent to the dean.