8:00 PM BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
2:30 PM WHS Alumni Reception
Wantagh High School will maintain a supportive environment which encourages all students to develop a positive self-image through the mastery of those educational outcomes best suited to their individual goals and potential. Family, school and community will join together to meet students' educational needs as well as providing the skills needed to meet the continuing challenge of life-long learning and responsible citizenship in our rapidly changing society.
Wantagh High School’s literary magazine, Escapades, has received 13 awards in artwork/illustration, cover design, photography and poetry from the Empire State School Press Association and Columbia Scholastic Press Association. Every year, awards are handed out to the top school literary magazines in the state at the associations’ annual conference, held at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
Wantagh TechDay is an annual event created by Wantagh School District alumni to promote computer science education. Motivated by code.org’s initiative, the Wantagh TechDay team seeks to provide the opportunity for exposure to the practical skills of computer science...
Ten senior athletes signed National Letters of Intent to continue their sports at national and regional colleges and universities next fall. Signing a National Letter of Intent is the highest honor for a high school athlete, and the district congratulates each athlete on this outstanding accomplishment.
Wantagh High School student-musicians Natalie Bloniarz (viola), Jack Coupe (violin), Ryan Krieger (viola) and Christine Nerone (violin) were selected to participate in the Long Island String Festival Association Secondary Festival at Plainview-Old Bethpage Middle School on Nov. 14-16,
The district is pleased to announce that the New York State School Music Association has selected high school musicians Blake Andreou (alto saxophone, symphonic band), Sam Hutt (trombone, symphonic band), Kayla Knight (alto I, mixed chorus), Ruth Kupperberg (alto I, mixed chorus), Julianna Nerone (violin, string orchestra) and Matthew Saltzman (trumpet, symphonic band) to participate in All-State ensembles at the annual NYSSMA Winter Conference, to be held at the Eastman Theatre in Rochester on Dec. 4-7.
The artwork of high school students Gina Ciappina, Kelsey Contorno, Ava Marshall and Alyssa Soethout has been selected for display in the New York State Art Teachers Association Student Art Exhibition at the New York State School Boards Association Conference, to be held at the Sheraton New York at Times Square on Oct. 26-27.
It was a day of pride as the Wantagh community gathered for the district’s annual homecoming festivities on Oct. 18. Fun-filled activities started with a Friday afternoon pep rally, during which the sports teams and homecoming court were introduced. Students throughout the district also displayed their Warrior pride by wearing black and gold clothing and sports jerseys.
WANTAGH SENIOR HIGH DAILY BULLETIN
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2014-TODAY IS DAY 6
· THERE WILL BE A WARR CLUB MTG AFTER SCHOOL IN RM 201 AND THIS IS A REMINDER TO TEACHERS AND STAFF TO PLEASE LEAVE PAPER AND BOTTLE RECYCLE BINS OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR WHEN YOU LEAVE TODAY.
· ATTENTION SENIORS: 2014-2015 FACULTY BESTS BALLOT: SENIORS, NOMINATE ONE FEMALE AND ONE MALE FACULTY MEMBER FOR EACH CATEGORY ON BALLOT FORM. PLEASE RETURN THE COMPLETED FORM TO BOX IN MAIN OFFICE OR TO MR. PARLAGRECO’S MAILBOX BY TODAY, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST.
· THE G.O. AND THE INTERNATIONAL THESPIAN SOCIETY THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE WILL BE GOING ON UNTIL, WEDNESDAY, NOV. 26TH. WE WILL BE COLLECTING CANNED, BOXED, AND JARRED FOODS, ALSO BEVERAGES, PAPER GOODS, NON-PERISHABLE DESSERT ITEMS, CANNED GOODS AND BREAKFAST FOODS. REMEMBER, THANKSGIVING MEALS WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE ARE EXACTLY THAT. A BLESSING. (G.O AND I.T.S) SEE FLIERS FOR MORE DETAILED INFO. DONATIONS CAN BE BROUGHT TO THE HS MAIN LOBBY.
· FROM THE BOOSTER CLUB: NEW WARRIOR WEAR IS NOW AVAILABLE! ORDER YOUR GEAR FROM THE SPORTS BOOSTER CLUB. FLIERS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE MAIN OFFICE, THE SCHOOL STORE AND ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE. HURRY! ORDER FORMS MUST BE RETURNED BY TODAY, FRIDAY, NOV. 21ST TO GET YOUR GEAR IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS! THE BOOSTER CLUB WILL ALSO BE SELLING IN HONORS HALL EVERY THURSDAY IN DECEMBER IMMEDIATELY AFTER DISMISSAL FOR YOUR SHOPPING NEEDS!
· THERE WILL BE A CLASS OF 2014 ALUMNI RECEPTION PARTY SPONSORED BY WANTAGH HS STUDENT GOVERNMENT (G.O.) ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH IN OUR SENIOR STUDY HALL FROM 2:20 PM UNTIL 3PM. REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED. MS. MALAFIS
· FROM THE GUIDANCE OFFICE: OUR ANNUAL FINANCIAL AID NIGHT FOR SENIORS IS WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3RD FROM 7PM TO 8:30PM IN THE HS AUDITORIUM.
· RING DAY CLASS OF 2016!! NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED FOR FINAL PAYMENT. MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO HERFF JONES. ONLY CREDIT CARDS MUST BE PAID ON-LINE IN ADVANCE. highschhool.herffjones.com CALL 631-265-0202. ALL CLASS RING FINAL PAYMENT DUE TODAY, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST. PICK UP TIME IS 10:00AM-1:30PM IN THE NORTH CAFETERIA. CLASS RING SERVICE DAY/LATE ORDERS IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25 AT 2:15PM – 3:15PM IN THE NORTH CAFETERIA.
· CAP AND GOWN LATE ORDERS WILL BE TODAY, NOV. 21ST IN THE NO. CAFETERIA FROM 10AM TO 1:30PM.
· CURRENT YEARBOOK INFORMATION FOR 2014-2015: THERE WILL BE TIERED PRICING AGAIN. THE COST OF A YEARBOOK IS IS NOW $110.00 FROM NOW TO DECEMBER 31ST 2014. YEARBOOKS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT:yearbookforever.com –CAN USE CREDIT CARD TO PAY; OR CHECK OR MONEY ORDER MADE OUT TO WANTAGH SCHOOL DISTRICT AND LEFT IN MR. PARLAGRECO’S MAILBOX.
PERSONAL ADS: PERSONAL ADS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT yearbookforever.com. PRICES & SIZES ARE
LISTED ON WEBSITE. ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS CAN SEE MR. PARLAGRECO FOR HELP. MR.
PARLAGRECO HAS POSTED ALL OF THIS INFO ON THE YEARBOOK PAGE OF THE SCHOOL WEBSITE AS WELL.