7:30 PM Bandwagon Meeting
7:30 PM SEPTA Meeting WMS IMC
4:00 PM WUT Executive Board Meeting
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM WHS Mini College Fair
7:30 PM Booster Club Meeting
7:30 PM Foundation Board Meeting
Wantagh High School will maintain a supportive environment which encourages all students to develop a positive self-image through the mastery of those educational outcomes best suited to their individual goals and potential. Family, school and community will join together to meet students' educational needs as well as providing the skills needed to meet the continuing challenge of life-long learning and responsible citizenship in our rapidly changing society.
The College Board has recognized 72 Wantagh High School students as Advanced Placement Scholars for exceptional achievement on the May 2014 national exams. AP courses completed with a score of 3 or higher on the final exam afford students the opportunity to earn college credit.
High school senior Erin Bortell received recognition from the Long Island Arts Alliance for having demonstrated excellence in art during her high school career. She received an award of merit in media arts for photography and was recognized at the annual 2014-2015 Scholar-Artist Gala held at Half Hollow Hills High School on Sept. 9.
It was a morning of new beginnings as 249 incoming freshmen attended the high school’s ninth-grade orientation. The freshmen received a warm welcome, introductions to the administration and guidance counselors, words of wisdom from upperclassmen, and an opportunity to sign up for the school’s many clubs and organizations...
WANTAGH SENIOR HIGH DAILY BULLETIN
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2014-TODAY IS DAY 1
· OUR ANNUAL SENIOR VARIETY SHOW IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY NIGHT, NOVEMBER 19TH. WE WILL HAVE SIGN UPS FOR STUDENTS INTERESTED IN PERFORMING ON OCT. 22ND AND OCT. 23RD AFTER SCHOOL IN RM 128. COME EITHER OF THESE DAYS, NOT BOTH. WE ARE LOOKING FOR 5 MC’S FOR THE SHOW. MR. DUBIN.
· HEY SENIORS! PLEASE COME DOWN TO ROOM 2O2 TODAY AFTER SCHOOL TO PICK UP THE OCTOBER FLOAT MEETING SCHEDULE. MS. GIANGARRA.
· CONGRATULATIONS TO JUNIORS, KELSEY CONTORNO AND AVA MARSHALL AND SENIORS GINA CIAPPINA AND ALYSSA SOETHOUT FOR HAVING THEIR PAINTINGS AND PHOTOGRAPHS SELECTED TO BE DISPLAYED FOR THE NY STATE ART TEACHERS ASSOCIATION ART EXHIBIT AT THE NY STATE SCHOOL BOARDS CONVENTION. THIS EXCELLENT ART WORK, WILL BE ON VIEW AT THE SHERATON NY AT TIMES SQUARE RECEPTION ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2014. MS. MCPARTLAN.
· ATTENTION CLASS OF 2018: CLASS OF 2018 T-SHIRTS ON SALE NOW. GET ORDER FORM FROM YOUR HOMEROOM TEACHER. PLEASE BRING ORDER FORM TO MS. DOLLEY’S MAILBOX OR ROOM 205 BY FRIDAY OCTOBER 3RD. $15 PAYMENT MUST BE A CHECK MADE OUT TO WANTAGH SCHOOLS, NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· ATTENTION SOPOMORES: THE CLASS OF 2017 WILL BE MEETING DAILY FROM 4-7PM AT THE FLOAT HOUSE EVERY DAY AFTER SCHOOL UP UNTIL HOMECOMING. PLEASE SEE MR. BENNER FOR DETAILS.
· WHS PROUDLY PRESENTS AUDITIONS FOR HOW TO SUCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING. MEETING AND LEARNING DAY IS TODAY, TUESDAY, SEPT. 30TH. AUDITIONS ARE TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, OCT. 1ST AND CALL BACKS THURSDAY, OCT. 2ND. MS. ROMANO.
· THE NEXT NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY WEEKLY MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1ST IN ROOM 118 AFTER SCHOOL. MS. MCPARTLAN. THANK YOU.
· IF ANY SENIOR HAS MISSED GETTING THEIR SENIOR PORTRAIT, LIFETOUCH PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL BE HERE MONDAY, OCT. 6TH AND TUESDAY, OCT. 7TH TO TAKE YOUR PORTRAIT.
· ATTENTION SENIORS!!! THE CLASS OF 2015 GROUP PHOTO DATE IS TUESDAY, OCT 7TH.
· PHOTO MAKE UP DAY FOR UNDERCLASSMEN IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD. STUDENTS WHO WOULD LIKE A RETAKE OR NEED TO HAVE THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WILL NEED TO GO TO THE AUDITORIUM DURING THEIR LUNCH PERIOD OR STUDY HALL.
· ATTENTION JUNIORS: THE GUIDANCE DEPT. WILL ADMINISTER THE PSAT/NMSQT ON SATURDAY, OCT. 18TH FROM 8AM TO 11:30AM. REGISTRATION DATES ARE: 10/6, 10/7, 10/8, AND 10/9 AT HS GUIDANCE OFFICE. THE COST IS $25, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, NO CASH.
· FROM THE GUIDANCE OFFICE: ATTENTION SENIORS AND JUNIORS: THERE WILL BE A WHS MINI COLLEGE FAIR ON THURSDAY OCT. 2ND FROM 12:30PM UNTIL 2PM IN THE FRONT RIGHT GYMNASIUM. YOU CAN MEET COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVES AND ASK QUESTIONS. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY!
· THE MARCHING BAND AND DANCE TEAM WILL HAVE A DRESS REHEARSAL FOR THE FALL SEASON ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9TH DURING PERIODS 8 & 9. MS. DRAGOVICH.