10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Foundation Senior Citizen Computer Class
2:30 PM WHS SHINE Meeting
7:30 PM Booster Club Meeting
7:30 PM Foundation Board Meeting
Wantagh High School will maintain a supportive environment which encourages all students to develop a positive self-image through the mastery of those educational outcomes best suited to their individual goals and potential. Family, school and community will join together to meet students' educational needs as well as providing the skills needed to meet the continuing challenge of life-long learning and responsible citizenship in our rapidly changing society.
The artwork of high school students Gina Ciappina, Kelsey Contorno, Ava Marshall and Alyssa Soethout has been selected for display in the New York State Art Teachers Association Student Art Exhibition at the New York State School Boards Association Conference, to be held at the Sheraton New York at Times Square on Oct. 26-27.
It was a day of pride as the Wantagh community gathered for the district’s annual homecoming festivities on Oct. 18. Fun-filled activities started with a Friday afternoon pep rally, during which the sports teams and homecoming court were introduced. Students throughout the district also displayed their Warrior pride by wearing black and gold clothing and sports jerseys.
The College Board has recognized 72 Wantagh High School students as Advanced Placement Scholars for exceptional achievement on the May 2014 national exams. AP courses completed with a score of 3 or higher on the final exam afford students the opportunity to earn college credit.
High school senior Erin Bortell received recognition from the Long Island Arts Alliance for having demonstrated excellence in art during her high school career. She received an award of merit in media arts for photography and was recognized at the annual 2014-2015 Scholar-Artist Gala held at Half Hollow Hills High School on Sept. 9.
It was a morning of new beginnings as 249 incoming freshmen attended the high school’s ninth-grade orientation. The freshmen received a warm welcome, introductions to the administration and guidance counselors, words of wisdom from upperclassmen, and an opportunity to sign up for the school’s many clubs and organizations...
WANTAGH SENIOR HIGH DAILY BULLETIN
MONDAY, OCTOBER 27TH, 2014-TODAY IS DAY 1
· EACH YEAR DAYS ARE SET ASIDE TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR INSTRUCTIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE STAFF. ONE OF THESE PROFESSIONAL DAYS HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, ELECTION DAY. AS A RESULT ALL STUDENTS WILL NOT ATTEND SCHOOL THAT DAY.
· THE SCHOOL DOCTOR WILL BE HERE FOR WINTER SPORTS PHYSCIALS ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH AT 7:50AM. PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY IN THE HEALTH OFFICE. MS. PALLAS
· THERE WILL BE A MEETING OF THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE HONOR SOCIETY TOMORROW, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH AT 2:20PM IN ROOM 232. MS. HAMPSON.
· ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY MEMBERS: PLEASE COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET AND RETURN TO THE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY BOX IN THE MAIN OFFICE OR TO THE MAIL BOX OF MS. PSIHOS NO LATER THAN MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD. STAPLE YOUR 3 COMPLETED FORMS TO YOUR ACTIVITY SHEET AND RETURN. INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
· ATTENTION SENIORS: REGARDING CAPS & GOWNS FOR GRADUATION. ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE CAP & GOWN COMPANY WILL BE HERE TO TAKE ORDERS IN THE NORTH CAFETERIA FROM 10AM TO 1:30PM. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE REP. WILL BE HERE. THE FEE IS $46.00. CHECK SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO WANTAGH HIGH SCHOOL AT THE TIME YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE SEE MR. NYBERG WITH QUESTIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFO.
· CURRENT YEARBOOK INFORMATION FOR 2014-2015: THERE WILL BE TIERED PRICING AGAIN. THE COST OF A YEARBOOK IS $99 UNTIL OCT. 31ST, $110 FROM NOV. 1ST TO DEC. 31ST-2014 AND $120 FROM JAN. 1ST TO JUNE 25TH, 2015. YEARBOOKS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT:yearbookforever.com –CAN USE CREDIT CARD TO PAY; OR CHECK OR MONEY ORDER MADE OUT TO WANTAGH SCHOOL DISTRICT AND LEFT IN MR. PARLAGRECO’S MAILBOX. PERSONAL ADS: PERSONAL ADS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT yearbookforever.com. PRICES & SIZES ARE LISTED ON WEBSITE. ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS CAN SEE MR. PARLAGRECO FOR HELP. MR. PARLAGRECO HAS POSTED ALL OF THIS INFO ON THE YEARBOOK PAGE OF THE SCHOOL WEBSITE AS WELL.
· ATTENTION SENIORS: IF YOU NEED A PORTRAIT TAKEN, IT MUST BE DONE AT LIFETOUCH STUDIOS IN FARMINGDALE. YOU WILL NEED TO CALL 631-861-2555 TO SCHEDULE APPT. THIS MUST BE DONE BY THE FIRST WEEK IN NOVEMBER. ANY QUESTIONS, SEE MR. PARLAGRECO.
· OUR ANNUAL SENIOR VARIETY SHOW IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY NIGHT, NOVEMBER 19TH AT 7PM. MR. DUBIN. TICKET INFORMATION WILL FOLLOW SOON.
· PHOTO MAKE UP DAY FOR UNDERCLASSMEN IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD. STUDENTS WHO WOULD LIKE A
RETAKE OR NEED TO HAVE THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WILL NEED TO GO TO THE AUDITORIUM DURING THEIR LUNCH PERIOD OR STUDY HALL.