4:00 PM WUT Executive Board Meeting
7:15 PM WHS Back to School Night
The district is pleased to announce the appointment of Jennifer Santorello as the new high school assistant principal, effective Aug. 17. Ms. Santorello joins Wantagh from the Plainview-Old Bethpage School District, where she held the positions of associate dean of students and business and marketing educator.
The spring sports season boasted many team and individual accomplishments. The girls lacrosse team won the Nassau County Class B Championship game, with Emily Bauer and Hannah Cullen designated an Unsung Hero and Scholar-Athlete, respectively. Baseball assistant coach Mike Ninivaggi was named the Nassau County Assistant Coach of the Year, and tennis players Douglas Fuchs, Raul Fernandez and Andrew Randazzo received the sportsmanship award. In addition, girls track team members were county and division champions, while Shayna Held took the county championship title in both the long jump and the 100-meter hurdles.
High School student-musician Sam Hutt has been selected to perform in the 2015 All-National Honor Ensemble for concert band. Sponsored by the National Association for Music Education, Sam will play the trombone with the top high school musicians in the U.S. at the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tenn. on October 28 and under the baton of the nation’s leaders in music education.
Pride and excitement wafted over Lawrence Field as 278 seniors celebrated a long-awaited milestone during the district’s 60th annual commencement exercises on June 25. The Board of Education, administration and faculty led the black-and-gold-clad seniors down the track and to their seats as the high school band played “Pomp and Circumstance” under the direction of Mindy Dragovich.
WANTAGH SENIOR HIGH DAILY BULLETIN
TODAY IS DAY 1
· TODAY WILL BE THE LAST DAY OF CLASS FOR GRADES 9-11. ENJOY YOUR LAST DAY!!
· THERE WILL BE A WARR CLUB MEETING THIS AFTERNOON IN ROOM 201.***MS. MARTIN
· REMINDER TO ALL TEACHERS AND STAFF: DON’T FORGET TODAY IS RECYCLE DAY!! PLEASE PLACE YOUR PAPER AND BOTTLE RECYCLING BINS OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR WHEN YOU LEAVE TODAY.
· THE G.O. WILL BE HOSTING A REVIEW BOOK COLLECTION FROM TODAY THROUGH 6/23. THEY WILL BE COLLECTING OLD REGENT, AP, SAT, SAT SUBJECT AND ACT REVIEW BOOKS. ALL DONATIONS WILL BE GIVEN TO CHILDREN WHO LIVE IN SHELTERS AND FOSTER HOMES. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, SO SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE.
· ATTENTION ALL LITERARY SOCIETY MEMBERS: PLEASE RETURN ALL BOOKS TO MRS. BEWICK’S -ROOM 130. THANK YOU!
· THE NATIONAL SCIENCE HONOR SOCIETY INAUGURAL INDUCTION CEREMONY WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY, JUNE 15TH AT 4PM IN THE WHS AUDITIORIUM.