12:00 PM NCA College Expo SUNY Old Westbury
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM WHS Guidance Department Workshop: Naviance Method Test Prep
7:30 PM Bandwagon Meeting
7:30 PM SEPTA Meeting WMS IMC
Wantagh High School will maintain a supportive environment which encourages all students to develop a positive self-image through the mastery of those educational outcomes best suited to their individual goals and potential. Family, school and community will join together to meet students' educational needs as well as providing the skills needed to meet the continuing challenge of life-long learning and responsible citizenship in our rapidly changing society.
The College Board has recognized 72 Wantagh High School students as Advanced Placement Scholars for exceptional achievement on the May 2014 national exams. AP courses completed with a score of 3 or higher on the final exam afford students the opportunity to earn college credit.
High school senior Erin Bortell received recognition from the Long Island Arts Alliance for having demonstrated excellence in art during her high school career. She received an award of merit in media arts for photography and was recognized at the annual 2014-2015 Scholar-Artist Gala held at Half Hollow Hills High School on Sept. 9.
It was a morning of new beginnings as 249 incoming freshmen attended the high school’s ninth-grade orientation. The freshmen received a warm welcome, introductions to the administration and guidance counselors, words of wisdom from upperclassmen, and an opportunity to sign up for the school’s many clubs and organizations...
WANTAGH SENIOR HIGH DAILY BULLETIN
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND, 2014-TODAY IS DAY 3
· WHS PROUDLY PRESENTS AUDITIONS FOR HOW TO SUCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING. MEETING AND LEARNING DAY IS TUESDAY, SEPT. 30TH. AUDITIONS ARE WEDNESDAY, OCT. 1ST AND CALL BACKS ARE TUESDAY, OCT. 2ND. MS. ROMANO.
· THE NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY WEEKLY MEETING SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO ROSH HASHANAH EVE. WE’LL SEE YOU NEXT WEDNESDAY IN ART ROOM 118. THANK YOU.
· ITALIAN CLUB! THE ITALIAN CLUB WILL MEET THIS TUESDAY, SEPT. 24TH IN MIDDLE SCHOOL RM 445 AT 3:05. ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN. PLEASE SEE MR. ZAGARI WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
· ATTENTION FBLA – FOR OFFICERS ONLY, THERE WILL BE A MEETING ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH.
· ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE: SERIOUS SENIORS LOOKING TO MAJOR IN ACCOUNTING IN COLLEGE, PLEASE SEE MRS. AYMONG IN THE WORK STUDY OFFICE-ROOM 214 AFTER SCHOOL BEFORE SEPTEMBER 24TH. INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR AFTER SCHOOL EMPLOYMENT MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AT A LOCAL ACCOUNTING FIRM.
· THERE WILL BE A TRI-M MUSIC HONOR SOCIETY INFORMATIONAL MTG TOMORROW, TUESDAY, SEPT. 23RD AT 2:25PM AFTER SCHOOL IN RM 119.
· IF ANY SENIOR HAS MISSED GETTING THEIR SENIOR PORTRAIT, LIFETOUCH PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL BE HERE MONDAY, OCT. 6TH AND TUESDAY, OCT. 7TH TO TAKE YOUR PORTRAIT.
· ATTENTION SENIORS!!! THE CLASS OF 2015 GROUP PHOTO DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO TUESDAY, OCT 7TH.
· UNDERCLASSMEN PICTURES: THE ENGLISH DEPT. WILL BE HOSTING OUR UNDERCLASSMEN PHOTO SESSION AGAIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND AND TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD IN THE AUDITORIUM ON THE STAGE.STUDENTS WILL DO THIS DURING THEIR ENGLISH CLASS.THEY SHOULD REPORT TO CLASS FIRST FOR ATTENDANCE. THERE ARE EXTRA BROCHURES ON MAIN OFFICE COUNTER IF NEEDED. MR. BROWN AND MR. PARLAGRECO.
· “MIX IT UP DAY” IS TOMORROW, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD. H. ROMANO
· DRIVER ED SCHEDULE POSTING: STUDENTS MUST ACCESS THEIR SCHEDULE ONLINE AT
http://emdsonline.net. CLICK ON “SCHEDULES” AND THEN CLICK ON “WANTAGH HS”.
· ATTENTION JUNIORS: THE GUIDANCE DEPT. WILL ADMINISTER THE PSAT/NMSQT ON SATURDAY, OCT. 18TH FROM 8AM TO 11:30AM. REGISTRATION DATES ARE: 10/6, 10/7, 10/8, AND 10/9 AT HS GUIDANCE OFFICE. THE COST IS $25, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, NO CASH. ALSO JUNIORS… THE METHOD TEST
PREP INFO EVENING WILL TAKE PLACE TUES. 9/23 AT 7PM IN HS AUDITORIUM. PSAT AND SAT INFO WILL BE DISCUSSED.
· THE MARCHING BAND AND DANCE TEAM WILL HAVE A DRESS REHEARSAL FOR THE FALL SEASON ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9TH DURING PERIODS 8 & 9. MS. DRAGOVICH.