7:30 PM Booster Club Meeting
7:30 PM Foundation Board Meeting
4:00 PM WUT Executive Board Meeting
Wantagh High School will maintain a supportive environment which encourages all students to develop a positive self-image through the mastery of those educational outcomes best suited to their individual goals and potential. Family, school and community will join together to meet students' educational needs as well as providing the skills needed to meet the continuing challenge of life-long learning and responsible citizenship in our rapidly changing society.
The artwork of high school students Gina Ciappina, Kelsey Contorno, Ava Marshall and Alyssa Soethout has been selected for display in the New York State Art Teachers Association Student Art Exhibition at the New York State School Boards Association Conference, to be held at the Sheraton New York at Times Square on Oct. 26-27.
It was a day of pride as the Wantagh community gathered for the district’s annual homecoming festivities on Oct. 18. Fun-filled activities started with a Friday afternoon pep rally, during which the sports teams and homecoming court were introduced. Students throughout the district also displayed their Warrior pride by wearing black and gold clothing and sports jerseys.
The College Board has recognized 72 Wantagh High School students as Advanced Placement Scholars for exceptional achievement on the May 2014 national exams. AP courses completed with a score of 3 or higher on the final exam afford students the opportunity to earn college credit.
High school senior Erin Bortell received recognition from the Long Island Arts Alliance for having demonstrated excellence in art during her high school career. She received an award of merit in media arts for photography and was recognized at the annual 2014-2015 Scholar-Artist Gala held at Half Hollow Hills High School on Sept. 9.
It was a morning of new beginnings as 249 incoming freshmen attended the high school’s ninth-grade orientation. The freshmen received a warm welcome, introductions to the administration and guidance counselors, words of wisdom from upperclassmen, and an opportunity to sign up for the school’s many clubs and organizations...
WANTAGH SENIOR HIGH DAILY BULLETIN
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2014-TODAY IS DAY 6
· THERE WILL BE A MEETING FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN WRESTLING GRADES 9-12 TODAY, MONDAY, 11/3 AT 2:30PM IN THE MAIN GYM.
· ALL ACADEMIC TEAM STUDENTS – PLEASE SEE MR. BOGATZ IN RM 140 AFTER SCHOOL FOR PRACTICE AND MATCH INFORMATION.
· ATTENTION KEY CLUB MEMBERS: WE WILL BEGIN OUR PENNIES FOR PATIENTS PROGRAM ON MONDAY, 11/3. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR EACH LUNCH PERIOD THAT DAY. PLEASE REPORT TO RM 213 AND WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE SIGN UP SHEET HANGING OUTSIDE OF RM 213 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. MS. FIORILLO AND MS. BRENNER.
· THE KEY CLUB WILL MEET AGAIN TODAY, MONDAY, NOV. 3RD AT 2:30PM AFTER SCHOOL IN RM 150.MS BRENNER.
· THE NEXT ITALIAN CLUB MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH AT 3:05PM IN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL ROOM 445. ALL NEW MEMBERS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE SEE MR. ZAGARI WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
· “THERE WILL BE A BRIEF BOYS SWIM TEAM MEETING WEDNESDAY, NOV. 5TH IN RM 129 AFTER SCHOOL.” ALL NEW SWIMMERS AND DIVERS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. REMINDER: SWIMMERS, PLEASE SIGN UP FOR WINTER PHYSICALS WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE ASAP FOR FRIDAY, NOV. 7TH. COACH RAFFERTY
· ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS ENROLLED IN ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) COURSE IN WHS. REGISTRATION & PAYMENT FOR THESE EXAMS WILL BEGIN ON WEDNESDAY, NOV. 12TH AND END ON FRIDAY, NOV. 14TH. STUDENTS SHOULD GO TO GUIDANCE OFFICE EITHER BEFORE SCHOOL, AFTER SCHOOL, OR DURING THEIR LUNCH PERIOD. ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO MR. MUZIO.
· THE WINTER TRACK COACHES ARE HAVING A MEETING TODAY, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD AT 3:30PM IN THE MAIN GYM FOR BOYS AND GIRLS INTERESTED IN WINTER TRACK.
· EACH YEAR DAYS ARE SET ASIDE TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR INSTRUCTIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE STAFF. ONE OF THESE PROFESSIONAL DAYS HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, ELECTION DAY. AS A RESULT ALL STUDENTS WILL NOT ATTEND SCHOOL THAT DAY.
· **PLEASE NOTE THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED: THE SCHOOL DOCTOR WILL BE HERE FOR WINTER SPORTS PHYSICALS ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH AT 7:50AM. PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY IN THE HEALTH OFFICE. MS. PALLAS.
· ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY MEMBERS: PLEASE COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET; DUE TODAY, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD. STAPLE YOUR 3 COMPLETED FORMS TO YOUR ACTIVITY SHEET AND RETURN TO BOX ON MAIN OFFICE COUNTER. INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. MS. PSIHOS.
· ATTENTION SENIORS: REGARDING CAPS & GOWNS FOR GRADUATION. ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE CAP & GOWN COMPANY WILL BE HERE TO TAKE ORDERS IN THE NORTH CAFETERIA FROM 10AM TO 1:30PM. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE REP. WILL BE HERE. THE FEE IS $46.00. CHECK SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO WANTAGH HIGH SCHOOL AT THE TIME YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE SEE MR. NYBERG WITH QUESTIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFO.
· CURRENT YEARBOOK INFORMATION FOR 2014-2015: THERE WILL BE TIERED PRICING AGAIN. THE COST OF A YEARBOOK IS IS NOW $110.00 FROM TODAY, NOV 3RD TO DECEMBER 31ST 2014. YEARBOOKS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT:yearbookforever.com –CAN USE CREDIT CARD TO PAY; OR CHECK OR MONEY ORDER MADE OUT TO WANTAGH SCHOOL DISTRICT AND LEFT IN MR. PARLAGRECO’S MAILBOX.
PERSONAL ADS: PERSONAL ADS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE AT yearbookforever.com. PRICES & SIZES ARE LISTED ON WEBSITE. ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS CAN SEE MR. PARLAGRECO FOR HELP. MR. PARLAGRECO HAS POSTED ALL OF THIS INFO ON THE YEARBOOK PAGE OF THE SCHOOL WEBSITE AS WELL.
· ATTENTION SENIORS: IF YOU NEED A PORTRAIT TAKEN, IT MUST BE DONE AT LIFETOUCH STUDIOS IN FARMINGDALE. YOU WILL NEED TO CALL 631-861-2555 TO SCHEDULE APPT. THIS MUST BE DONE BY
· THIS WEEK, THE FIRST WEEK IN NOVEMBER. ANY QUESTIONS, SEE MR. PARLAGRECO.
· OUR ANNUAL SENIOR VARIETY SHOW IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY NIGHT, NOVEMBER 19TH AT 7PM. MR. DUBIN. TICKET INFORMATION WILL FOLLOW SOON.
· PHOTO MAKE UP DAY FOR UNDERCLASSMEN IS TODAY, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD. STUDENTS WHO WOULD LIKE A RETAKE OR NEED TO HAVE THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WILL NEED TO GO TO THE AUDITORIUM DURING THEIR LUNCH PERIOD OR STUDY HALL.
· ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH THE ACADEMIC TEAM WILL TRAVEL TO PLAINVIEW HIGH SCHOOL FOR A COMPETITION. THE BUS WILL LEAVE AT 2:40PM AND RETURN TO HS AT 5:30PM. MR. BOGATZ.