Superintendent for Instruction
The Wantagh School District is seeking an outstanding candidate to fill
the position of Assistant Superintendent for Instruction that is:
· an excellent communicator who connects effectively with all members of the school community and values their input when making decisions.
· an innovative, energetic, collaborative and thoughtful leader with extensive knowledge about curriculum, instructional practice and NYS Standards.
· experienced in the area of leadership at the school and/or district level and has the ability to inspire people to come to consensus around meaningful work.
· knowledgeable about current APPR and evaluation methods with an ability to plan and implement professional development opportunities.
· successful supervising administrative and professional staff.
· able to oversee the various aspects of the Personnel Department for all certified staff.
· currently certified with appropriate NYS Certification in School District Administration/School District Leadership (Required).j
Please apply on OLAS before March 10, 2017.
The Wantagh School District holds our substitutes in high accord. We are currently accepting applications for per diem TEACHER substitutes in the 2016-17 school year.
Active NYS teacher certification is REQUIRED.
Knowledge of Common Core Standards.
Interviews will be on-going.
Interviews will be granted upon the receipt of 3 references, fingerprint and certification verifications.
Please apply on OLAS.
An Equal Opportunity Employer